1. Online Sales & Credit Card Processing: Payment for orders through the X-Cart shopping system must be made with a credit card. Cornerstone accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover branded cards. Payments are processed via CDG Commerce and their affiliate Quantum Gateway within 24 hours of a transaction’s approval. CDG Commerce is a registered ISO/MSP for First National Bank of Omaha and Merrick Bank, members FDIC.
2. Customer Credit & Billing: Credit terms for returning customers may be negotiated directly. Interested parties should contact Cornerstone Safety Products to obtain a credit application. For customers who have been extended credit and invoiced for transactions, payment terms are Net 30 days. Any customers who fail to pay the amount within that 30 day window will be given notice of outstanding amounts. After that time, if the invoice remains unpaid, the customer may be subject to prosecution and credit status will be suspended.
1. Domestic Orders and Rates: Customers of Cornerstone Safety Products (Cornerstone) are responsible for all shipping charges on the merchandise they purchase. Those costs will be added to the final order total at time of processing. Shipping charges are taxable to the customer according to the same tax rules applicable to items purchased within the State of Pennsylvania.
2. Rates for products shipped from Cornerstone are dependant on weight and package size, and calculated on current rates of the transportation provider (UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, etc.). Cornerstone reserves the right to impose additional handling charges for items that are deemed special orders and those requiring additional efforts to complete substantial delivery.
Items that are shipped directly from the manufacturer are subject to that entity’s shipping rates, which are again absorbed by the customer when the order is processed. Figures provided by UPS at checkout will be used to estimate shipping amounts for these transactions.
Items are shipped directly from Cornerstone Safety Products carry the following address and country of origin:
2801 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
3. International Orders: For international orders sent via UPS Worldwide services (or other carrier), quoted shipping rates DO NOT include taxes and duties imposed and collected by the country of destination. All merchandise shipped to destinations outside the United States will have those duties and taxes billed C.O.D. by the shipping company’s customs broker.
4. Transfer of Title: All merchandise sold to customers by Cornerstone Safety Products, LLC is considered Free on Board Shipping Point. Title of those goods is transferred to the purchaser once they leave Cornerstone’s facility (the appropriate distributor’s facility for drop shipments).
1. Pennsylvania Sales Tax: Orders from customers within the State of Pennsylvania will be subject to state sales tax of 6 percent and an additional Allegheny County sales tax of 1 percent on the portion of their order that is deemed taxable. This tax is automatically calculated into the invoice total based on the customer’s shipping address.
2. Determination of Taxability: Taxability of safety clothing and equipment is determined according to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue document REV-717. First aid kits and supplies are considered non-taxable. Fire prevention supplies and extinguishers are taxable items. All other products sold by Cornerstone Safety Products are to be considered “Safety clothing.” Cornerstone assumes that all customers are purchasing “safety equipment and devices worn by nonproduction personnel” (those who perform maintenance, repair, construction and other services). These items are thus considered taxable by the State of Pennsylvania for in-state purchases. Pennsylvania customers who purchase these items for production personnel employed in manufacturing, processing, mining, public utility, farming, and dairying may present a tax exemption certificate (PA Form REV-1220) at the time of purchase to be excluded from these sales tax charges.
3. Out-of-State Sales: Cornerstone does not collect the 7 percent combined sales tax on orders placed from locations outside Pennsylvania. As such, the out-of-state customer is responsible for recording and remitting use tax according to their respective state’s regulations and rate structures.
1. Return Authorization Numbers: All customers must acquire a Return Authorization Number before returning any items. RA numbers may be requested by calling Cornerstone Safety Products’ Customer Service staff at 412-394-7660, Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
2. Restrictions & Applicable Fees: Garments cannot be returned if they have been washed, worn or soiled, or if they have had laundry tapes applied to the garment. Garments cannot be returned if they have been altered. Custom garments, special garments or those of non-stock colors and sizes are also non-returnable.
All garments returned for credit will be charged a 20 percent restocking fee unless Cornerstone Safety Products is deemed responsible for the initial problem. Garments returned for exchange of similar items may be charged a 15 percent restocking fee depending on the availability of that item in stock.
Unless otherwise noted, a 15 percent restocking fee will also be imposed on all items aside from garments that are returned for credit or exchange.
Customer is responsible for shipping to and from Cornerstone Safety Products unless otherwise negotiated. This includes international customers.
3. Billing Information: For exchanges, a separate invoice with any applicable restocking fees and shipping charges will be issued when new item is sent to customer. Customer credits issued on returned items will appear less any restocking fees or other charges.
Questions regarding policies may be referred to our Customer Service staff at 412-394-7660, or email@example.com, Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
6/11/2008 - Cornerstone Safety Products, LLC